Blog Journal #9

     This year, distance learning has gone by smoothly for me. Last year was my first year taking classes online, and I had an extremely difficult time adjusting to the online material. This year I know what to expect, so taking online classes has fit perfectly into my schedule. When I'm a teacher, something that I would like to do to make distance learning easier is create weekly online meetings for students that are struggling. This way, students will be able to address any problems or concerns they may have. 

    Open Educational Resources (OER's) are educational tools that people students can use on their own, or edit and change. These are open, meaning that they allow students to use them for free. These can be shared and kept among students as well. Many teachers love to use OER's within their classroom, because it is a free way for their students to learn a plethora of new information. 

https://www.oercommons.org/courses/100-free-web-tools-for-elementary-teachers/view

    Above, I attached a link to an open education resource that teachers may find helpful. It is a list of 100 free web tools for elementary school teachers. This is something that many teachers would be able to use within their classrooms without the expensive cost. 

By working on the powerpoint assignment, I learned so many skills that I plan to use in the future. My favorite thing that I had learned was transitions within my slides, because they made my powerpoint so much more exciting. I had also never used a voice recording on my powerpoints before, so doing so for the first time was very interesting. Overall, I plan to use this application as a teacher in the future, and feel ready to do so!



Comments