Blog journal #7

     When reading the teachers' blog pages from Leon County High School, I mostly learned that the purpose of them were to inform the parents of general information about the classroom and their activities. I clicked one individual student's page, and there was a short list of contact information and class announcements. These webpages could be extremely useful to serve as weekly newsletters for parents, especially during the time of a pandemic. These pages give teachers another way to communicate with parents, which is also extremely important. 

    In the future, I envision myself using a plethora of different technological resources as a schoolteacher. As I learn more information about different programs and features, I have been able to narrow down which ones I would be comfortable using in the classroom. These include blogging features, Canva, and the many different ways to send class announcements and communicate with the students' families. These programs and software will make sure the class goes through smoothly and productively, making them incredibly important tools to use. 

    My group and I had a very difficult time navigating PB Works. The website itself had a slightly confusing layout, and my group was unsure how to use the collaborating feature. It also frustrated us that we weren't able to format our work on the site the way that we wanted it, making it more difficult to look neat and presentable. Overall, I would not use this program again within a classroom setting. 

Comments