Blog Journal #4

     After reading the third grade level of Standards and Technology Matrices for ELA, I am confident in some of the requirements listed. Many of these standards were aimed towards organizing online information, quickly locating certain material, and gathering main ideas of certain texts. There are many resources that I am completely familiar with, such as Prezi, online textbooks, and Smartboards. I am confident that  would be able to guide a class using these resources in the future. There were also a few resources I wasn't familiar with, such as Symbaloo, LiveBinder, and Pixlr. I wouldn't be able to understand these programs immediately, but would be able to do so with the proper training and classes. 

    The tool that I used from the CPALMS Educator toolkit was an interactive verb workshop designed for third grade students. Some of this tool included verb games that allow students to learn more about action verbs, helping verbs, and different verb tenses. As an aspiring English teacher, I believe that this game would be extremely useful within the classroom. I would make sure to have this game available on a Smartboard, and have students take turns answering the questions. 

    As a teacher, internet searching is seen as an extremely important skill to learn. By perfecting this skill, teachers could quickly be able to search for certain class materials, learning games, and activity ideas. Being able to navigate the internet quickly is a skill many teachers learn, and it is extremely important for the productiveness of the classroom. I definitely think that using hyperlinks and key search words is something that I will use most going forward. 




 (Links to an external site.)

Comments